People have many questions about the different aspects of their life. A tarot reading can touch upon all these subjects, especially when it comes to matters related to love and relationships. In readings, a ten-card relationship tarot spread is best for those who want to approach their romantic life with confidence.
The Celtic Cross spread is the most commonly used pattern as it can give insight into any aspect of a person’s life, including relationship matters.
Other types of ten-card tarot spreads that can help you understand the developments in your relationships include the Relationship Analysis spread, Soulmate spread, Heartbreak spread, and Unrequited Love spread.
Within the intimate framework of a tarot reading, seekers bare their hearts and souls to find enlightenment. Therefore, it’s advisable to discern what type of spread best suits your current situation and to find a reader that can help you understand the broader scope of your question.
10 Card Relationship Tarot Spreads
Relationship spreads, in general, can help individuals understand the desires, perspectives, needs, and views of the people involved in the relationship. Tarot readings can provide insight into the possible outcome of relationships, about new or future relationships, about dealing with broken hearts, and more.
The insight one gains from relationship tarot readings can guide them when making decisions. Ten-card relationship spreads can provide an in-depth analysis of the current state of a person’s romantic life.
1. The Relationship Celtic Cross Tarot Spread
The Celtic Cross spread, despite being the oldest pattern used in a tarot reading, remains to be the most popular and most commonly used spread because it can shed light on any aspect of a person’s life. This spread can provide insight into the past, present, future, positive, negative, internal, and external influences that affect a person’s relationship.
Celtic Cross Positions
- Position 1 – How you currently perceive yourself
This position reveals your emotional and mental state. How you view yourself affects and contributes to the dynamics of your relationship.
- Position 2 – Secondary factors that could be affecting your life at the moment
This position enables you to see the perspective that you need to see to work toward a solution to whatever troubles you in the relationship.
- Position 3 – The root cause
This position reveals how you can turn the obstacles and challenges you face in the relationship into opportunities.
- Position 4 – The past; receding influence; quality to let go
This position presents the events that happened in the past that continue to influence your current love situation.
- Position 5 – Conscious influence
This position enables you to look at the bigger picture of your situation. It shows the broader perspective and influence of one’s conscience.
- Position 6 – The future; approaching influence
This position presents the events that will soon be unfolding for you.
- Position 7 – Hopes and fears; overlooked factors
This position reveals the fears or resentments you’re still holding unconsciously.
- Position 8 – How you perceive someone you’re (or soon to be) involved with
This position presents your partner’s inner thoughts and the situations they’re currently in.
- Position 9 – Guidance
This position suggests what you can do to ensure a happier and healthier relationship with your significant other.
- Position 10 – Long-term effects
This position reveals the unknown circumstances that will most likely occur in the future. The insight gained from this will enable you to make better decisions that will benefit you in the long-run.
2. The Relationship Tarot Spread
This 10 card tarot spread is used when partners want to reconnect with each other. It reveals the things the couple needs to work on. This spread works best if the couple does the reading together.
Some Keywords for Each Relationship Tarot Spread Position
- Position 1 – How you view yourself in the relationship
- Position 2 – How you view your partner in the relationship
- Position 3 – How you view your relationship as a whole
- Position 4 – How your partner views themselves in the relationship
- Position 5 – How your partner views you in the relationship
- Position 6 – How your partner views your relationship as a whole
- Position 7 – A key strength in your relationship
- Position 8 – A weak point in your relationship
- Position 9 – Where you seem to be heading in your relationship
- Position 10 – Something to keep in mind going forward in the relationship
3. The Relationship Analysis Tarot Spread
There are times when one can’t figure out the current state of their relationship with their partner. This spread allows people to reexamine their relationships by looking at the bigger picture of things.
- Position 1 – How do I view myself right now?
- Position 2 – How do I view my (or soon to be) partner in the relationship?
- Position 3 – What other factors could be affecting my life as a whole?
- Position 4 – What course of action should I take that will enable me to harmonize what I want with what is currently possible?
- Position 5 – How can I turn my obstacles into opportunities?
- Position 6 – What personal experiences and family dynamics have formed in my past that affects how I perceive my relationship at present?
- Position 7 – What’s the purpose and overarching lesson of my situation?
- Position 8 – What self-undermining tendencies do I have that prevents me from reaching fulfillment?
- Position 9 – What will happen next?
- Position 10 – What unknown circumstances are still taking shape that will most likely affect my relationship?
4. The Soulmate Spread
Many psychics and mediums consider soulmates to be people that shared various relationships in multiple lifetimes. One might be wondering if their current sweetheart is their soulmate or if their relationship is built to last. This spread can give answers to such questions.
- Position 1 – What kind of person is my soulmate?
- Position 2 – What type of relationship do we have?
- Position 3 – How much do we value attraction in our relationship?
- Position 4 – What characteristic of my soulmate do I value the most?
- Position 5 – How can I ensure that my soulmate is consistent in their actions?
- Position 6 – How good of a listener is my soulmate?
- Position 7 – If my soulmate and I encounter conflicts, what actions should I take?
- Position 8 – How can we manage conflicts together?
- Position 9 – How similar are my life priorities with my soulmate’s?
- Position 10 – How do I know if my current partner is truly my soulmate?
5. The Reciprocation of Love Spread
In a relationship, there must be a balance. This relationship tarot spread gives insight into how people give importance to the value of give-and-take in their relationship.
- Position 1 – What kind of person is my partner?
- Position 2 – What kind of relationship is best for me?
- Position 3 – How can my partner make me feel special?
- Position 4 – How can I make my partner feel special?
- Position 5 – What is the greatest gift I can give my partner?
- Position 6 – What is the greatest gift my partner can give me?
- Position 7 – How can we lift each other?
- Position 8 – How do we tear each other down?
- Position 9 – Why is this relationship worth the effort?
- Position 10 – What can I add more to our relationship?
6. The Unrequited Love Spread
It’s believed that it’s better to have loved and lost than not to have loved at all. This ten-card relationship tarot spread can guide people who are experiencing unrequited love.
- Position 1 – How do I view myself?
- Position 2 – What kind of attraction am I feeling towards this person?
- Position 3 – How do I view this person?
- Position 4 – Why am I attracted to this person?
- Position 5 – Why am I experiencing this unrequited love?
- Position 6 – What should be done?
- Position 7 – What would have happened if we’re together?
- Position 8 – Why is it best that we’re apart?
- Position 9 – How can I express my love towards this person without bringing discomfort or harm to them or other people?
- Position 10 – What are the lessons to be learned?
7. The Flames of Desire Spread
10 card relationship tarot spread is for those who are consumed with the thought of someone to the point that their desire seems to be driving them wild. It can give insight into the nature of the desire of an individual.
- Position 1 – Why does this person provoke my desire?
- Position 2 – What is the nature of this desire?
- Position 3 – What are the possibilities for me if I pursue this person?
- Position 4 – How do I know if this person is my soulmate?
- Position 5 – How can I trust my feelings?
- Position 6 – What am I projecting?
- Position 7 – How can I build trust with this person?
- Position 8 – What is the worst thing that could happen?
- Position 9 – What is the best thing that could happen?
- Position 10 – What does this relationship teach me?
8. The Heartbreak Spread
This 10 card relationship tarot spread is for people who are experiencing heartbreak. It reveals important and comforting messages that one needs to hear.
- Position 1 – How do I deal with the pain?
- Position 2 – What steps should I take for me to accept that the relationship is over?
- Position 3 – What should I do to start my healing journey?
- Position 4 – What activities can make me happy?
- Position 5 – What new opportunities should I be open to?
- Position 6 – How important is independence for me?
- Position 7 – Who are my strong support system?
- Position 8 – What are the lessons to be learned?
- Position 9 – How can I take care of myself more?
- Position 10 – How do I know if I’m ready to love again?
Finding the Best Tarot Reader for You
Tarot spreads involving ten cards are complicated, and reading them can be a daunting and overwhelming experience. 10 card relationship tarot spreads are even more difficult to understand (if you choose to do a reading yourself) because your prejudice and judgment can affect your analysis.
If one wants a 10 card relationship tarot spread in a reading, it’s advisable to seek the help of experienced tarot readers. Professional psychics on this website who specialize in tarot readings can help you find answers to your most important questions about love and relationships.
In choosing the best tarot reader for you, it will be helpful if you learn more about them first, including their tarot reading style and their philosophy in regards to the tarot. For a more fruitful reading, choose the reader that has similar energy with you.