Spaces that hold unwanted negative energies must be cleansed. The most commonly used method is the sage cleansing method. However, there are also other ways to remove the most virulent energies that are just as effective.
There are other methods for deep spiritual cleansing without the use of sage. These methods include the feng shui 3-day water charge, the salt water cure, the bad vibe floor wash method, and cleansing with holy water.
Physical, mental, or spiritual dissonance at home can create dense, negative energies that affect people, especially those who have heightened psychic sensitivity. The following are ways to free a house from dense, stagnant energy without sage.
3 Methods of House Cleansing Without Sage
1. Feng Shui 3-Day Water Charge and Salt Water Cure
Feng Shui (meaning “wind” and “water”) is a philosophy, an ancient practice of looking at the environment and finding balance. In feng shui, salt can purify dense, stagnant energy.
Steps in Feng Shui 3-Day Water Charge
- Pour water in a bowl.
- Let it sit under the sun and moon.
- Put intentions into it several times.
- Add salt in the water bowl.
- Stir it with your hand. Allow one’s energy to merge with the water with salt.
- Once again, let it sit under the sun and moon.
- Put intentions into it.
- Pour the water with salt into a spray bottle.
- Clear negative energies by spraying water around the house.
Steps in Feng Shui Salt Water Cure
- Prepare a large glass or a ceramic bowl.
- Pour salt until it fills three-quarters of the container.
- On the top of the salt, place six feng shui coins in a circle with the yang side up.
- Fill the container with water.
- Place the container on a mat.
- Place the container in a place where it can be left undisturbed for a year.
- Leave it uncovered to absorb intentions and energies.
2. The Bad Vibe Floor Wash
- Mop the floor.
- Prepare 1 oz. of Creosote oil cleanser, ¼ cup of household ammonia, and one teaspoon of salt.
- Add the ingredients separately to about four gallons of hot water.
- Mop the floor again with this solution. Do not rinse it away.
3. Cleansing with Holy Water
Holy water is water that has been blessed by an ordained Roman Catholic or any religious figure. It has always been used as protection from evil. One can keep the holy water in a vial and sprinkle or spray it wherever there is negative energy at home.
One can also recite the prayers written in Carlos Oliveira’s book titled House Cleansing and Blessing Prayer. A snippet is included below.
“Father in Heaven, I now ask that You expose all evil practices that have been done, publicly or secretly, in this home and property.
Father I now dedicate this home and property to You, I ask that You anoint and bless every room in this home and all items, objects, furniture, electronic devices, automobiles, etc.
Father in Heaven, in Jesus’ name, I ask that You anoint and bless all humans
and animals living in this property.
Thank You, Father, for Your blessings and protection, in Jesus’ mighty name, we pray. AMEN!”
Other Simple Ways to Cleanse a House Without Sage
- Transform negative energy into positive energy by playing a beautiful sound. Play an instrument, sing, use crystal singing bowls, or clap your hands.
- Always have a bowl of fresh oranges, clementine, or tangerines at home. An alternative for this is to use an essential oil diffuser that has healing properties.
- Cut lemons in half and put them on a bed of rock salt. Place them wherever there is negative energy.
- Burn white wax candles and concentrate on positivity and gratitude.
- Keep the windows open as much as possible. Let the natural sunlight and fresh air remove the negative energy.
- Clean the house and pay attention to the windows. Get rid of cobwebs, dust, and debris. Clean spaces nurture creativity.
- Rearrange objects or furniture at home.
- Throw out broken objects. These often carry negative energies.
- Unwanted energy can attach themselves to inanimate objects. Let go of emotionally charged objects like antiques that hold negative energy.
- Decorate the house with plants. Plants add a positive vibration in space. Consider placing plants in windowsills. Fill the house with flowers. Use carnations for healing, chrysanthemums to attract nutritive vibration, gardenias for harmony, lilies for new beginnings, or rose for love.
- Place crystals around the place. Different crystals hold different energies. Choose protective crystals such as clear quartz, black obsidian, citrine, bloodstone, black tourmaline, kyanite, selenite, hematite, and desert rose.
- Cleanse the crystals from time to time. Soak them in saltwater or let them sit under the moonlight.
Every home should have a protective barrier from unwanted spiritual forces. You can perform your own rituals to cleanse your home. If further help is needed, professional psychics on this website who specialize in spiritual cleansing can offer their help.
As previously emphasized, there are various ways to cleanse a house of spirits. With correct research and background on spiritual cleansing, anyone can make their own house cleansing method. If you prefer cleansing with sage, here’s a list of other methods you can use.